Katelynn’s Closet Participates in Giving Tuesday
- GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity that will take place on December 1, 2020.
- GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
- GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity, and equity around the globe.
- GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 8 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
- GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity—to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
- People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during GivingTuesday—whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, everyone has something to give and every act of generosity counts.
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
- GivingTuesday emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and causes in safe ways that allow for social connection and kindness even while practicing physical distancing.
- We all have gifts to give, and with social media, online giving, delivery, mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to support others.
This year, our Adult Easter Egg Hunt was cancelled due to COVID. With this being our major fundraiser of the year, we are asking for your support to make up some lost revenue. Simply visit us at our donor page to make a difference in the lives of Cape and Islands children in need of clothing basics. This year, more than ever, we need your help so much. Just want to mail us a check? Simply send it to us at 33 N Main St South Yarmouth MA 02664.
On behalf of the children we serve, we extend our sincere thanks.
The Yarmouth Firefighters will be Going Homeless for the Holidays
Friday December 4th and Saturday December 5th open from 8am to 8pm and Sunday December 6th open from 8am to 12pm.
Thank you to the Yarmouth Firefighters Local 2122 for including us in their program once again. Here’s a message from them:
The Yarmouth Firefighters will be Going Homeless for the Holidays starting Friday December 4th. This is the 19th annual Homeless for the Holidays event where we accept donations of new unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots, new clothing for children to support Katelynn’s Closet, nonperishable food for the Yarmouth Food Pantry and checks or money to be split between these charities. Katelynn’s Closet has a critical need for (new) children’s socks, underwear and pajama’s, in kids sizes 4-18.
COVID-19 Pandemic has forced us to adjust our schedule. Our schedule: Friday December 4th and Saturday December 5th open from 8am to 8pm and Sunday December 6th open from 8am to 12pm. Please stop by Our Lady of the Highway Church, 1044 Rt. 28, South Yarmouth, on the corner of Rt. 28 and Forest Rd.
For more information on our charities please visit:
We fear with the pandemic the need this year will be much greater! We thank the citizens and visitors of Yarmouth for their continued support, please stop by with your donation and say hello.
Bombas are the Bomb!
We are so very grateful to Bombas Socks for their AMAZING donation of thousands of pairs of socks to Katelynn’s Closet. These very well made and comfortable socks are flying off the shelves onto the feet of needy Cape and Islands children.
Bombas has a truly awesome program to provide socks to folks in need. For every pair of socks purchased, they donate one pair.
We were made aware of this program by one of our volunteers, Donna. Donna has been wearing these socks for a long time and she knows of their quality and comfort. She wanted to share that comfort with our kids in need and initiated the donation request to them. Even in the midst of the delivery issues with the pandemic, we received huge boxes of socks for our children. Thank you Donna for doing the work to make the order possible.
We invite you to learn all about the Bombas donation program by visiting their website .
On behalf of the children we serve, we thank you so very much to Bombas .
Clothing bags & gift cardsdistributed last year
With your help, we can do more